With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, OU will host events such as seminars and giveaways to highlight the importance of breast health and taking steps to reduce the number of diagnoses. Students and faculty are encouraged to wear ...
My mom is a breast cancer survivor (it's been almost two years now) and she has become so much stronger because of everything she's gone through (chemo, radiation and a double mastectomy). She is truly an amazing woman and has inspired me to write a novel (something that I have always wanted to do) about her struggle and how it changed our lives. I know that things like this are personal and at times difficult to talk about, but I would love to hear your stories if you don't mind sharing them. :)
DEAR AMY: My friend and I are part of a group that plays a sport together. One of our teammates, who is also a friend outside of the sport, is a breast cancer survivor of six years.