Resolved Question: Totally awkward situation...?








I work on an administrative team of about 15 people. There's a girl on the team I'll call B. She is very pretty and we were all especially shocked when she revealed to us that she was 40! (not that you can't be pretty at 40, but she looks very youthful) So over the months she's shared many things with us and we've realized she can be quite the "one upper!"--but then we noticed that her general stories started getting stranger and stranger. For example, she is a two time breast cancer survivor...her mother is a top plastic surgeon who gives her free surgery (and that's why she looks as great as she does), she has a prosthetic boob, She's had 5 miscarriages and a stillborn baby, but started envitro treatments in February. She toured the world working for corporate Home Depot for 11 years, she teaches dance in the mornings as part of a physical therapy program, her sister died in a car accident and because of this her brother in law went balistic so she had to adopt her two children (who are 11 and 15)...to name a few things

For awhile I was in denial about the fact that these things could be lies. I mean, who would lie about those things anyway, but my coworkers started becoming very weary.

Completely coincidentally I was looking through an old yearbook with my friend...and there she was! Graduated in 2003...which would, giving her the benefit of the doubt of failing some grades...make her 26!? Which completely invalidates half of the things she says, and to make matters worse, my friend knew who she was! and said she never had a sister, and that her mother IS NOT a plastic surgeon!

Today she was telling a story about how Mandy Moore WENT TO HER HIGH SCHOOL and they were chummy. Mandy Moore didn't go to my high school. It took everything in me to say "Well, if you're in your 40s, why were you hanging out with Mandy Moore?"

I know it seems completely trivial and just plain stupid to even care about in the first place, but it's very frusterating being in an office with someone who I KNOW is this crazy liar...and to top it off, she has this cold, somewhat rude personality to go with it. Of course, how is anyone ever supposed to call her out on it? Are you just supposed to go along with it? Challenge the lies? or just ignore it? Very weird indeed.











Patience Mtakwa is a breast cancer patient in Zimbabwe. Having lost her mother to breast cancer, Patience knew when she discovered her own breast lump that she should ...